Re: Making reqpart in kickstart to do BIOS+UEFI with GPT on x86?

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 1:47 PM Brian C. Lane <bcl redhat com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 04:08:30PM +0200, Dan Horák wrote:
> > my idea would be adding a "--hybrid" option to "reqpart" that would
> > create both "BIOS" + "EFI" partitions on x86 systems. For remaining
> > systems I believe they use only a single boot partition kind, so
> > nothing will change there. This way you could create a "works
> > everywhere" image the easiest way.
>
> I'd like to see adding flags an option of last resort :) If it's
> possible for anaconda to figure out what's needed automatically that's
> would be best.

How would Anaconda be able to figure it out? The idea is that this
works *regardless* of what the host says it does. Unless you're just
going to make Anaconda always do hybrid for x86, there's no reasonable
way for that to be "auto-detected".