[Ansible-service-broker] How can I customize the catalog displayed ?

Craig Brookes cbrookes at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 08:57:32 UTC 2018

Hi Charles,

I am not familiar with that template, but will give you my answers to the
list of questions:

- Where is this list of Services declared ?

At startup, the ASB looks at a docker registry for images with a specified
name for example: *-apb. It then reads meta data about this image provided
as a labels[1]
This information forms the basis for the ClusterServiceClass consumed by
the service catalog.

- Can we customize it to crate its list of services ?

Yes you can change the config map set in the ansible-service-broker
namespace and redeploy. More info on the config can be found at [2].

- What are the prereq needed to follow in order to add / create a new
service available from the openshift UI ?

You will need to create at least 1 APB and you will need to change the
configuration to point at a docker registry with the apb docker image.
There is tooling and docs around APBs to help you do this at [3]

Craig Brookes

[1]
https://hub.docker.com/r/aerogearcatalog/aerogear-digger-apb/~/dockerfile/
[2]
https://github.com/openshift/ansible-service-broker/blob/master/docs/config.md
[3] https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/ansible-playbook-bundle

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:12 AM, Charles Moulliard <cmoullia at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When ASB is deployed on openshift using this template [1], then a list of
> predefined services will be uploaded and next can be used from the
> openshift UI
>
> - Where is this list of Services declared ?
> - Can we customize it to crate its list of services ?
> - What are the prereq needed to follow in order to add / create a new
> service available from the openshift UI ?
>
> [1] https://goo.gl/1kUWcr
>
> Regards
>
> Charles

Craig Brookes