insmod fails under 2.4.3_SGI xfs kernel

I am trying to use the Fasttrack 100 Tx card together with SGIs xfs filesystem. I installed their kernel rpm (spm) and kernel srpm and rebooted with that kernel. After changing GFP_NOIO into GFP_BUFFER it comiled. However, insmod ataraid.o fails with:
unresolved symbol del_gendisk and add_gendisk.

Should I approach this differently altogether?

Thanks, Nico