Re: IDE RAID, htp370/372 help

> The kernel will always see the physical disks because of the way RAID is
> done on this controller.

But this is IMHO advantage - when both disks are visible as single disks (for example
/dev/dhe & /dev/hdg), you can setup params via hdparm. If you use driver from
Highpoint, you can see only "virtual" SCSI disk, which have less throughput (on HPT370
chip).

>ecompile a kernel to include support for hptraid and ataraid, and support
> for the hpt37x-series-controller.

I recommend built-in this driver into kernel - not compile as modul. In my PC moduled
driver reports many errors and was unusable, whereas built-in driver works fine.

Miroslav BENES
system administrator
TENEZ a.s.
Chotebor