RE: Ataraid-list digest, Vol 1 #502 - 1 msg

Do you have only sda or you also have sdb?  If you have only /dev/sda, you
should be fine.  Linux doesn't see the array, it sees /dev/sda as a volume.
A common problem is to see your 2 drives as /dev/hdx (which is usually
caused by no or bad kernel boot parameters.

If you want to do some operations on your arrays, you have to use promise
setup at the card's bios prompt.

What else do you need exactly?
--

I recently purchased the Promise Fasttrack s150 TX4 because it was one of
the cheaper cards that boasted linux support. I'me becoming a bit irritated

Any help would be immensely welcome.

******
[evo insanity evo]$ cat /proc/scsi/ft3xx/0
PROMISE FastTrak TX4000/376/378/S150 TX Series Linux Driver Version
1.00.0.15
Adapter1  - FastTrak S150 TX4
Array     - Array[1] : 1+0 Stripe (OK)
Drive     -
  1 : ST3120026AS           IDE1/Master 120033MB IRQ(24) UDMA5 Array[1]

*****
[evo insanity evo]$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 01 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Promise  Model: 1+0 Stripe/RAID0 Rev: 1.10
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Promise  Model: 1+0 Stripe/RAID0 Rev: 1.10
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 03 Id: 00 Lun: 00