is it worth using ata-raid?

I just read that the on the motherboard Promise ata-raid controller uses a
lot of cpu time.
The Linux software raid option is much more efficient.

Since Linux can do the raid functions in software what is the point of using
the ata-raid?

I have been having a lot of trouble getting by asus a7n266 to work.
Should I keep trying or just switch to Linux raid?

Randy
randy globebus com