Re: is it worth using ata-raid?

Hi

If you use Promise supplied proprietary driver which does SCSI emulation,
more cpu is used. ataraid is not that bad compared to md raid which has
its own limitations if you want to encapsulate /

In these days of extremely powerful CPUs and their 512K+ cache, probably
using cpu time is not necessarily bad. When I get time I run some
performance tests on scsi emulation,md and ataraid and post results here
later

murty