Re: Recommended ATA-RAID controller ?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:30:00PM +0100, Karl Huysmans wrote:

> As an alternative, you could use the Promise ports as extra IDE
> controllers (change the jumper) and do Linux software RAID.

We have a Promise FastTrack in a system that is going to go from Win2000 to
Linux in a couple weeks.  Would it be better to use the linux ataraid drivers
or disable the "hardware" RAID and use linux software RAID?

Can sofware RAID be configured at installation time?

I don't imagine linux software RAID can handle hot-swap with a HS chassis?
Can linux ataraid even do that?

Thanks!

--
In light of the terrorist attack on the U.S.:
	They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary