Promise PDC 20376 with any linux distribution

hello folks,
I recently bought a new mainboard with an onboard raid controller (pdc 20376), but I just can't get it working with linux. On WinXP everything works just fine, but as I try to install any linux distribution. no harddisk can be found due to my raid controller not being supported. Please help me!!!