Is kernel-2.6.8+ a gutshot for SATA-DMRAID?

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 08:25:56 UTC 2004

 I just updated to 2.6.8 to see if it would fix a
couple of problems I had. Well, what I found was a big
ticking Easter egg. In xconfigure under Enhanced
IDE/MFM/RLL... under ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL Support I
found:
Support for SATA (Depreciated; conflicts with libata
SATA driver). In the comments it says to use the SATA
driver under SCSI device support. The SCSI version
does not work with DMRAID. The drives show up in the
log, but DMRAID does not see them.
 As a side note, I had all of this working as a raid0
with 2.6.7 (without the RAID 1 patches), but could
only see six of my eight partitions. I've tried
tweaking the code all the way down into the kernel
with no luck. Is there something I am missing, or am I
just dumbstruck?

 Tell me it isn't so.
  Paul