dmraid fails on 2.6.10 kernel

Ivan Todoroski grnch_lists at gmx.net
Wed Dec 29 08:08:30 UTC 2004

I just upgraded to kernel 2.6.10, and dmraid is not working anymore. The
configuration of 2.6.10 is identical to my previous 2.6.9 config, I loaded the
same config file in both kernels and recompiled them both just to make sure. As
soon as I switch the kernel from 2.6.9 to 2.6.10, dmraid stops working.

When doing 'dmraid -vvvddd -ay', I can see that dmraid finds the signatures of
my Promise Fasttrak RAID-0 array, but it never registers the partitions on the
device-mapper devices. Maybe some syscall was changed incompatibly in 2.6.10?

Sorry I can't post the output of dmraid with 2.6.10 at the moment, as I have
dmraid running from an initrd environment, the boot partition is on RAID, and I
haven't managed to boot succesfully with 2.6.10+dmraid yet.

If this is needed, let me know, I will try to modify the initrd image to dump
the output of dmraid to a floppy disk during boot.