FastTrak TX2000 and RHEL 3.1

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Tue Mar 2 00:29:23 UTC 2004

Jonathan Baker-Bates wrote:
>>1)Go into the fasttrak bios.
>>   a)Delete your mirror.
>>   b)Create a stripped array with only a single for your first drive
>>   c)Create a stripped array with only a single for your second drive
>

> Thanks Samuel,
>
> What exactly do you mean by "Create a stripped array with only a single..."?
> Do you mean "stripped" or "striped"? If the former, what's that? If the
> latter, I can't see how I can put a RAID0 configuration onto just one drive,
> if that's what you mean. I'm confused.

   Sorry I meant striped.

> I'm using a Promise FastTrak TX2000 Lite by the way. The bios control is
> pretty basic.

   The problem is that fasttrak doesn't have an option for jbod, or
normal ide mode.  For what ever reason promise does give you an option
to create a normal drive in their bios menu.  As odd as it sounds you
can create a raid0 array with one drive.  Trust me it works despite
being completely wrong in so many ways.  In fact I think it will let you
create a mirror with one drive as well.

--
Unless you can't avoid it never put a
serial number on any of your systems!!