dmraid booting-grub

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 14:50:13 UTC 2004

I'm currently running SuSE 9.0 with proprietory Fasttrak driver (only
works on 2.4 kernel).  Desperate to upgrade to 2.6 kernel.  I played
around with raiddetect, and got it into the initrd such that it would
detect raid partitions at boot, but of course it didn't map anything.
There has been a lot of talk about the lilo patch; is there a similar
one for grub, or does it not need one?  How was I able to get raiddetect
to run from initrd without a patch for grub?

Thanks,

Erlend