Mandriva installation with nforce4

Rob Hall robslists at digitalmedia.newsquest.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 11:31:07 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 10:10, Franck Benchetrit wrote:

If you only require single user access to the partitions in question you can
add uid=<username> to the fstab entry. You can also use gid=<groupname> if
you want to allow a user group access or set a umask=<value> to change the
default permissions assigned to the mount. As such you're fstab line should
look something like:-

/dev/mapper/nameofmypartitionC /mnt/raidc ntfs uid=<username>,otherinfo

If you read the man page for mount it explains the ntfs options as well as
stating "By default, the files are owned by root and not readable by somebody
else."