Mandriva installation with nforce4

Franck Benchetrit franck at benchetrit.net
Fri Dec 30 10:10:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.
I have added to the rc.local file the following commands:
modprobe dm-mod
dmraid -ay
mkdir /mnt/raidc
mkdir /mnt/raidd

and to the fstab file:
/dev/mapper/nameofmypartitionC /mnt/raidc ntfs, otherinfo (copied from the
line where my disk "non raid" were mounted.
But now, when I boot, everything goes well, I can see my discs in the
explorer, but I can't access it as I'm not loged as root. I assume that  has
something to do with the mkdir that didn't gave the rights to the normal
users, I'll have to change it.
Otherwise, regarding my second question, I'm using Grub (as I had read in
wiki about gentoo and dmraid that Lilo didn't work). But I can otherwise use
Lilo, it's ok for me.

Thanks again for your help

Franck