pleaseeeeeee I need a howto!!

El borrajudo rampante borrajax_listas at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 11 17:11:38 UTC 2005

Sounds good...

Do you know what could happen if I apply dmraid to my
windows partitions (in ntfs) that currently are under
/dev/ataraid/?

You know what happens?. There have been major changes
into kernels 2.6 that I'd like to use. Over all, I
need a 2.6 for my university practices!

Thank you for your time :)

http://tienstra4.flatnet.tudelft.nl/~gerte/gen2dmraid/

>  Note, you will still need to do some research to
> get it all to work
> completely for a boot, but this will get you in the
> ballpark.
>  Oh, and since you are running RAID 0, you can
> probably do without the
> kernel patches for most recent kernels. Also note
> that this is not
> easy. Go find your thinking cap first.
>
>  Later,
>   Paul
>
> --- El borrajudo rampante <borrajax_listas at yahoo.es>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello all...
> >
> > I wanted to ask for a howto... ho to install a
> 2.6.X
> > kernel with a raid-0 disk. I mean... I've got two
> h.d.
> > seen as one, with windows 2000 and linux
> (currently
> > with a 2.4.28 kernel) and I wanted to ask if I
> could
> > find somewhere a howto to compile and boot with a
> 2.6
> > kernel. I know I have to path the kernel, (for the
> > initrd), and /or the lilo... but I don't know the
> > order to patch, where are the patches to apply...
> >
> > Please, help!!!
> >
> > Thank you in advance

=== message truncated ===