pleaseeeeeee I need a howto!!

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 16:48:59 UTC 2005

 Hi again,

 Actually, if you have a spare ide connection, I would highly recommend
that you connect another drive to the system. It doesn't have to be
big, just large enough for Linux. Install Linux on this drive and get
everything set up so that it can see your RAID drives at boot (with
initrd), then move this to your raid set with a few modifications.
This will prevent much heartach, heartburn and hair pulling, and on
top of this, you will probably live longer 8~). Note that you really
need to copy /dev and /sys with a rescue disk (for udev). All of this
does depend on dmraid being able to see your RAID set as tested by the
Gentoo rescue disk on the site I mentioned earlier. As an added benefit,
the above creates a very handy and easy to use rescue disk!

 Later,
  Paul