Some strange behavior with Promise Fasttrak

Örjan Persson orange at fobie.net
Wed Jan 26 20:46:39 UTC 2005

paul moore (paulm2012 at yahoo.com) wrote:
>  Hmmm, now that is interesting. The only thing that was changed in the
> handleing of primary partitions was a check to see if the partition ran
> off the end of the disk and whether it has non-zero start and length
> logical block addresses. Maybe M$ doing some kind of address rollover or
> negitive addressing, not sure yet.

I don't know either. I thought my disk was partitioned using cfdisk, but
maybe it wasn't. Tho, it's formatted using tools from Microsoft.

>  Are you a coder? It would be very interresting if you could send a
> tarballed dd of the first block of the first drive to the mailing list
> so I can see which end is up.

I guess you could call me a coder, but I don't understand anything about
the code for dmraid -- sorry if I can't be of much help!

Tho, I've tried to create a tarball with the first block of /dev/hde.
Sorry for sending the file to the list, but I guess that's the wanted
solution!

>  In an earlier message I asked you if you had done an mkfs, well that
> was in error. It should have been format. I sent out a correction, but
> it never reached the list.

No, I haven't done that!

> Do you Yahoo!?

No, sorry not that either. :)