Some strange behavior with Promise Fasttrak

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 04:05:59 UTC 2005

--- Örjan Persson <orange at fobie.net> wrote:

> Heinz Mauelshagen (mauelshagen at redhat.com) wrote:
> > please test Paul Moore's patch provided on this list and report,
> > if that works for your configuration.
>
> Just tried it, and actually I lost one partition instead of gaining one.
> Damn. :(

Örjan,

 Hopefully it didn't blow you out of the water. I'm sorry if it did. I try
very hard to not send out mail bombs. I do need your feedback though,
because I have plenty of feedback from cases that work. I'm kind of like
Heinz in that he is always asking for your RAID metadata, but I need
dds of peoples partition tables to see exactly what is going on. Just
trying to get Dmraid working completely for everyone.
 I guess Heinz doesn't care for people over stuffing his mailing list, so
send any reply to my email.

> Here's the output, in case it's useful for some of you.
> orange at clandestine: $ sudo dmraid -a y -vv
.
.
.
> NOTICE: added /dev/hde to RAID set "pdc_daicbgifh"
> NOTICE: added /dev/hdf to RAID set "pdc_daicbgifh"
> INFO: Activated mirror RAID set "pdc_daicbgifh"
> NOTICE: discovering partitions on "pdc_daicbgifh"
> NOTICE: /dev/mapper/pdc_daicbgifh: dos    discovering
> NOTICE: /dev/mapper/pdc_daicbgifh: dos metadata discovered
> NOTICE: created partitioned RAID set(s) for /dev/mapper/pdc_daicbgifh
> INFO: Activated partition RAID set "pdc_daicbgifh1"
>
> I'm using 2.6.10 if that's intresting.

 Just updated to 2.6.10. Working fine with no hitches. Have not updated
to the latest device mapper yet though.

> Cheers,
> Örjan

 Trying,