PDC dmraid dumps

paul moore paulm2012 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:40:10 UTC 2005

 Hi Dick,

 I found a problem with dmraid that caused partitions greater than
six not to show up. There is also the possibility of corruption on
partitions five and six when both are present.
 Wrote a patch that fixed the problem and put it on the mailing list.
Only got one response back from a person that had lost a partition
instead of gaining any (a windows primary partition). Probably an odd
addressing scheme, but I haven't gotten any data back from him yet to
fix the problem.
 Would highly appreciate it if you could check out the patch and let
me know what you think.
  After unzipping it, apply the patch with "patch -p0 < dmraid.diff"
from outside a freshly extracted dmraidd-1.0.0-rc5f.tar.bz2.
The patch is attached as dmraid-diff.tar.gz

 Thanks in advance,
  Paul