Anaconda and Fedora Core 4

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Thu Jul 21 06:20:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

>> Does somebody know, how to force anaconda to take the /dev/mapper/via_**
>> array as install disk?
>> Or how to make a single disk become an array on a VIA chipset after an
>> install off dmraid after an installation (transform /dev/sda
>> in /dev/mapper/via_**).
>> Thanks a lot and best regards
>
> Anaconda in Fedora Core 4 doesn't do this; it's a planned feature which
> I'm working on for FC5.

The easiest way (for now) is to install it on a standalone disk and then
copy that installation to the dmraid box. You will need two small changes
to rc.sysinit and mkinitrd to get it to boot.

I have just upgraded my dmraid FC3 box to FC4 (using smart) and FC4 works
just as good as FC3 with its root on a dmraid disk.

Kind regards,

Mark
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *