Anaconda and Fedora Core 4

BIENVILLE Ignace ignace.bienville at laposte.net
Tue Jul 26 14:05:20 UTC 2005

>    2. Re: Anaconda and Fedora Core 4 (Mark Wormgoor)

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:20:13 +0200 (CEST)
> From: "Mark Wormgoor" <mark at wormgoor.com>
> Subject: Re: Anaconda and Fedora Core 4
> To: ataraid-list at redhat.com
>
> Hi,
>
> >> Does somebody know, how to force anaconda to take the /dev/mapper/via_**
> >> array as install disk?
> >> Or how to make a single disk become an array on a VIA chipset after an
> >> install off dmraid after an installation (transform /dev/sda
> >> in /dev/mapper/via_**).
> >> Thanks a lot and best regards
> >
> > Anaconda in Fedora Core 4 doesn't do this; it's a planned feature which
> > I'm working on for FC5.
>
> The easiest way (for now) is to install it on a standalone disk and then
> copy that installation to the dmraid box. You will need two small changes
> to rc.sysinit and mkinitrd to get it to boot.
>
> I have just upgraded my dmraid FC3 box to FC4 (using smart) and FC4 works
> just as good as FC3 with its root on a dmraid disk.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mark
> --
> * |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
> * | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
> * |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *
Dear Mark,

I just want to know how do you make it work, what did you  put in your
rc.sysinit and mkinitrd. As i see you won't answered my direct mail, so
i'll aske you by the ataraid list!!
Is it too secret to tell it to us, who's wait impatientely for a working
linux box on a raid array with our cheapest SATA disk?

so i tell you best regards, and i'll wait for your answer!!
Ignace
--
BIENVILLE Ignace <ignace.bienville at laposte.net>