Anaconda and Fedora Core 4

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Wed Jul 27 10:57:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

Molle Bestefich said:

>> > I have a patch for GRUB that allows it to install correctly on dmraid
>> > devices, if anyone's interested.
>> >
>> > (It was scheduled for inclusion in the newest GRUB release, but for
>> > some reason it didn't go in..)
>>
>> After my e-mail, I decided to give grub on FC4 a try and it installed
>> without any problems. The only issue was that I had to use a device.map
>> point grub to the dmraid device. No errors during setup and booting was
>> no
>> problem either.
>
> It depends on the size of your disks and your partition layout.
>
> Without the patch it will work sometimes, as it does for you.
>
> With the patch, it works every time :-).

Actually, it never worked for me with FC2, so I have a feeling that they
did implement a patch for grub with dmraid in FC4 (haven't checked the
srpm).

Kind regards,

Mark
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *