Anaconda and Fedora Core 4

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Wed Jul 27 08:35:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

Molle Bestefich said:
> On 7/26/05, Mark Wormgoor wrote:
>> Some people have gotten grub to install on dmraid, but I haven't.
>
> I have a patch for GRUB that allows it to install correctly on dmraid
> devices, if anyone's interested.
>
> (It was scheduled for inclusion in the newest GRUB release, but for
> some reason it didn't go in..)

After my e-mail, I decided to give grub on FC4 a try and it installed
without any problems. The only issue was that I had to use a device.map to
point grub to the dmraid device. No errors during setup and booting was no
problem either.

Kind regards,

Mark
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *