*** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0.rc6 ***

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Fri Mar 4 07:37:35 UTC 2005

Heinz,

Heinz Mauelshagen said:

>                *** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0.rc6 ***
>
> Call for testers:
> -----------------
>
> I need testers with the above ATARAID types, to check that the mapping
> created by this tool is correct (see options "-t -ay") and access to the
> ATARAID data is proper.

It (still) works for my RAID 0 on SiI 3112.

> This is a release candidate version so you want to have backups of your
> valuable
> data *and* you want to test accessing your data read-only first in order
> make sure that the mapping is correct before you go for read-write access.

Did I mention I have been running my workstation on this for around 6
months without any real problems ;-)

BTW, I just got the FC3 dmraid rpm through updates and have a question for
you.  But should I ask you, or should I file in Bugzilla?
Is it possible to include a /sbin/dmraid.static in the rpm, in a similar
way to lvm.static, udev.static etc... ?
That is very useful for initrd's and rc.sysinit.

Kind regards,

Mark
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *