*** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0.rc6 *** Call for testers

hirac.kasapoglu at turkcell.com.tr hirac.kasapoglu at turkcell.com.tr
Wed Mar 9 06:06:56 UTC 2005

Hello again,

I tried once more to install FC3. Here is what I get with dmesg command:

I noticed some logs from dmesg are interesting. Kernel disables ata1
port with abnormal status 0x7F. What does this mean?

ata: 0x1f0 IDE port busy
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1f.2 to 64
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 bmdma 0xE908 irq 15
ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on port 0x177
ata1: disabling port

I also tried to load dmread module with command "insmod dmraid". Is that
true to load driver with insmod, or is there any driver called "dmraid"
or something else (like dm_raid - in fact I tried insmod dm_raid but
again I get nothing). I cannot find any documentation about that.

Here is the output of dmesg command:
=
8 is not supported by device 0000:00:1d.7
ehci_hcd 0000:00:1d.7: USB 2.0 enabled, EHCI 1.00, driver 2004-May-10
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 8 ports detected
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v2.2
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1d.0[A] -> GSI 3 (level, low) -> IRQ 3
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: UHCI Host Controller
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1d.0 to 64
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: irq 3, io base 0000e000
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1d.1[B] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: UHCI Host Controller
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1d.1 to 64
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: irq 11, io base 0000e100
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 3-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1d.2[C] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.2: UHCI Host Controller
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1d.2 to 64
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.2: irq 5, io base 0000e200
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 4
hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 4-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1d.3[D] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.3: UHCI Host Controller
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1d.3 to 64
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.3: irq 10, io base 0000e300
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.3: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 5
hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 5-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using address 2
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
  Vendor: USB2.0    Model: CF  CardReader    Rev:
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
  Vendor: hp        Model: Drive Key         Rev: 3.04
SCSI device sdb: 127840 512-byte hdwr sectors (65 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 45 00 00 08
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 sdb: sdb1
Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
ohci1394: $Rev: 1223 $ Ben Collins <bcollins at debian.org>
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:0a.0[A] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
ohci1394: fw-host0: OHCI-1394 1.0 (PCI): IRQ=[5]
MMIO=[d0100000-d01007ff]  Max Packet=[2048]
ieee1394: Host added: ID:BUS[0-00:1023]  GUID[00301bb60000a604]
usbcore: deregistering driver usb-storage
tg3.c:v3.10 (September 14, 2004)
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 10 (level, low) -> IRQ 10
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:00.0 to 64
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM95751) rev 4001 PHY(5750)] (PCIX:100MHz:32-bit)
10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet 00:30:1b:b6:a5:a0
eth0: RXcsums[1] LinkChgREG[0] MIirq[0] ASF[0] Split[0] WireSpeed[1]
TSOcap[1]
libata version 1.02 loaded.
ata_piix version 1.02
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:1f.2[B] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
ata: 0x1f0 IDE port busy
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1f.2 to 64
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 bmdma 0xE908 irq 15
ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on port 0x177
ata1: disabling port
scsi2 : ata_piix
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device using address 2
  Vendor: USB2.0    Model: CF  CardReader    Rev:
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usb 4-1: reset full speed USB device using address 2
  Vendor: hp        Model: Drive Key         Rev: 3.04
SCSI device sdb: 127840 512-byte hdwr sectors (65 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 45 00 00 08
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 sdb: sdb1
Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi4, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
Unable to load NLS charset utf8
Unable to load NLS charset utf8
ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev loop0.
security:  3 users, 4 roles, 280 types, 16 bools
security:  53 classes, 5494 rules
SELinux:  Completing initialization.
SELinux:  Setting up existing superblocks.
SELinux: initialized (dev loop0, type cramfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev hda, type iso9660), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev usbdevfs, type usbdevfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev ramfs, type ramfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev ramfs, type ramfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev ram0, type ext2), uses xattr
inode_doinit_with_dentry:  no dentry for dev=ram0 ino=126
SELinux: initialized (dev selinuxfs, type selinuxfs), uses
genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev mqueue, type mqueue), not configured for
labeling
SELinux: initialized (dev hugetlbfs, type hugetlbfs), not configured for
labeling
SELinux: initialized (dev devpts, type devpts), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev eventpollfs, type eventpollfs), uses
genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev pipefs, type pipefs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev futexfs, type futexfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev sockfs, type sockfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev bdev, type bdev), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev rootfs, type rootfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev sysfs, type sysfs), uses genfs_contexts
md: raid0 personality registered as nr 2
md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
raid5: automatically using best checksumming function: pIII_sse
   pIII_sse  :  4368.000 MB/sec
raid5: using function: pIII_sse (4368.000 MB/sec)
md: raid5 personality registered as nr 4
raid6: int32x1    726 MB/s
raid6: int32x2    742 MB/s
raid6: int32x4    582 MB/s
raid6: int32x8    609 MB/s
raid6: mmxx1     1703 MB/s
raid6: mmxx2     1714 MB/s
raid6: sse1x1     839 MB/s
raid6: sse1x2    1121 MB/s
raid6: sse2x1    1949 MB/s
raid6: sse2x2    1855 MB/s
raid6: using algorithm sse2x1 (1949 MB/s)
md: raid6 personality registered as nr 8
SGI XFS with ACLs, security attributes, large block numbers, no debug
enabled
SGI XFS Quota Management subsystem
device-mapper: 4.1.0-ioctl (2003-12-10) initialised: dm at uk.sistina.com
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
program anaconda is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
SG_IO
program anaconda is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
SG_IO
Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev sdb1.
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
cramfs: wrong magic
SELinux: initialized (dev sdb1, type vfat), uses genfs_contexts
==