Installation on RAID-only system

Peter Bense ptbense at gwm.sc.edu
Sun Mar 20 15:19:45 UTC 2005

I just had this problem recently.

I ended up using a very kludge-y work-around: created symlinks that
reflected how the device -should- look upon reboot (in my case:
/dev/ataraid/disk0/disk; it was however mapped to /dev/ataraid/d0).  In
my chrooted environment I just made a directory called disk0 then
symlinked d0 to /ataraid/disk0/disk; symlinked d0p1 to
/ataraid/disk0/part1, etc.

That way when you run lilo it `sees` the partitions you're gonna have
upon reboot and loading the new kernel...

Does this help, or have I misunderstood your question? (:

./peter

>>> Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich at gmail.com> 03/19/05 5:55 PM
Now for the question: How can I install a bootloader on a device-mapped
device?

Ideas, hints, information, anything is welcome :-).