invalid metadata checksum Sil 3112A

Michael Lidman jacksmernov at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 03:03:09 UTC 2005

I compiled device-mapper.1.00.21 and dmraid-1.0.0.rc6

The compile for device mapper and dmraid appeared to
go just fine. However when I do a 'dmraid -ay' I get
the message

ERROR: sil: invalid metadata checksum on /dev/sdb
ERROR: sil: invalid metadata checksum on /dev/sdb
ERROR: sil: invalid metadata checksum on /dev/sdb
ERROR: sil: invalid metadata checksum on /dev/sdb

In /dev/mapper I have

control sil_afadbgdebbdeb sil_afadbgdebbdeb1

There are supposed to be two ntfs partitions on the
raid on /dev/sda and /dev/sdb

When I mount the drive sil_afadbgdebbdeb1

sudo mount -t ntfs -o users,owner,ro,umask=00
/dev/mapper/sil_afadbgdebbdeb1 /windows/h

and do an ls I get

ls: reading directory /windows/h: Input/output error

I'm running ubuntu horey 5.04 with the 2.6.10-5-k7
kernel. I'm running an asus A7N8X Deluxe with the Sil
3112A Controller with two WD 160 7200 sata drives on
them. They are raided together and partitioned into a
260 and 60 gig ntfs partitions made by windows xp sp2.
I have 2 maxtor 200 7200 ata drives where I have winxp
duel booting with ubuntu.

What can I do to get this working, hopefully without
needing to destroy the data that is already on the
raid?