problems with via controller and msdos partitions

Alessandro Jacopini alejacop at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 10:05:04 UTC 2005

Hi
I tried to use mirroring on my system (two sata disks
with msdos filesystem, via sata fakeraid controller).
I installed dmraid and it seems to work fine. However,
when I run the dmraid -ay command I got the following
message

ERROR: dos: reading /dev/mapper/via_cdjiceidbi[Invalid
argument]

Since an entry in /dev/mapper was created anyway, I
also tried to mount the array and i got

mount: /dev/mapper/via_cdjiceidbi: can't read
superblock

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Alessandro