problems with via controller and msdos partitions

Alessandro Jacopini alejacop at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 20:30:07 UTC 2005

Thanks for the advice. I tried again today. The size
of the via_cdjiceidbi file is 0. The message in
/var/log/messages is:

localhost kernel: device-mapper: error adding target
to table

Besides, the

dmraid -v via

command reports a wrong size, 240121727 for two 120MB
drives in mirroring mode.

I can use the array without any problems in Windows.
Not being able to use it is the last obstacle to a
complete switch to Linux...but what can I do? Trying
to configuring the device mapper manually seems too
risky to me.

Thanks again