dmraid and sysfs

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 12 21:15:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 14:58 +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to ask the list if there are plans to extend the sysfs support of
> dmraid in the next releases.
>
> I saw that there are bits missing, like the partition directories.

Well, dm devices are essentially of a different class than real disks in
the current tree; right now partitioning is achieved through dm-linear
maps rather than asking the kernel to scan for partitions.

So it's sortof already there, just as another dm-X device rather than as
a subdirectory.  But it's still relatively easy to figure out which
devices are partitions of what, using "dmsetup deps".

I've no idea what future plans are.
--
  Peter