VIA SATA Raid volume config not properly recognized by dmraid

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 14:37:04 UTC 2005

I used the dmraid utility to attempt to detect and configure my SATA
RAID 0.  It recognized the volume, but seems to assume it uses a stripe
size of 16 KB rather than using the value in the parameter block on the
disk.  I ended up having to correct the stripe size to 64 KB using
dmsetup by hand to get everything working.

Is this a known bug, and is there anything I can do to help fix it, such
as supplying dumps of the bios parameter block when the raid is built
with different sizes so the location of the stripe size can be found?