Highpoint Rocketraid 133 on RHEL4

Kenneth Armstrong k.armstrong at whitepropertygroup.com
Mon Aug 21 03:21:30 UTC 2006

I’m building a new email & file server for the office.

Tyan s640N motherboard with dual AMD MP1800
2G ram
1 x 60G HDD attached to ide ch 1 – OS installed on this

2 x 160G HDD attached to Highpoint RR133 ATA IDE PCI card

When I do a clean install of  RHEL4 the installation gets 2 different timings reported to it by the RR133 card (hpt372 & hpt 374 – I think from my memory) this causes kernel panic and it goes no further. I can do a noprobe install excluding the disks attached to the RR133 card and the install works fine and system operates 100% ok – but without those drives.

I’ve tried compiling the kernel with opensource drivers that I downloaded from the Highpoint website and was partially successful but I’m always getting errors in the compile and being a newbie I’m getting frustrated cause I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Any help with this pr**k of a card would be excellent. (I’m almost ready to resort to a different card)

Regards
Ken
White Property Group has Antivirus protection measures in place however White Property Group and the sender of this message accept no responsibility for any harm, disruption or corruption caused by this message or its attachments