dmraid 1.0.0-r13 does not detect RAID-0 on PDC-20267

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri Dec 1 09:30:18 UTC 2006

Hi!

I've got a Promise FastTrack 100 IDE Controller with two 30GB disks attached
and configured as a RAID-0. Linux 2.4 detects the RAID using the ataraid
kernel module. AFAIK dmraid is responsible for being able to access such
(fake) RAID configuration from the 2.6 kernel. Unfortunately it does not
detect my drives as belonging to a RAID. It just returns 'no RAID disks' when
trying to set them up via 'dmraid -ay'. I would really like to get this
going, as I want to move to a newer kernel but losing my data is not an
option (neither is copying). I could dd the first few Kbs of each disk and
post the files here, would that help? What else could I try? BTW: the kernel
driver pdc20xx_old is loaded and the disks are accessable via /dev/hd[ef]

Regards,
	Florian
--
Florian Hackenberger