Here is how to stop the new udev from accessing your striped dmraid drives

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 15:51:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 10:36 +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
> i really think the whole idea of udev/hal trying to mimick the most
> annoying feature of windows should be dumped.

I really think the whole idea of udev should be dumped, frankly.
"persistent device names" don't actually do us any good -- they add a
level of indirection in the middle of what's really needed, which is
mapping IDs for physical devices to the filesystems that live on them.

(but I'm working on getting at least Fedora out of this mess)
--
  Peter