*** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0.rc10 ***

Heinz Mauelshagen mauelshagen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 15:01:32 UTC 2006

FYI: a flaw in the JMicron checksum calculation slipped into this release.
     Will be fixed in the next one.

If you want to test with JMicron adaptors *now*,
ask me for a quick fix, please.

Regards,
Heinz

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 10:06:34PM +0100, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

>                *** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0.rc10 ***
>
> dmraid 1.0.0.rc10 is available at
> http://people.redhat.com/heinzm/sw/dmraid/ in source tarball,
> source rpm and i386 rpm (with shared and static binary).
>
> This release adds support for Adaptec HostRAID and JMicron JMB36X
> (see CHANGELOG below for more information).
>

> dmraid (Device-Mapper RAID tool) discovers, [de]activates and displays
> properties of software RAID sets (i.e. ATARAID) and contained DOS
> partitions using the device-mapper runtime of the 2.6 kernel.
>
> The following ATARAID types are supported on Linux 2.6:
>
> Adaptec HostRAID ASR
> Highpoint HPT37X
> Highpoint HPT45X
> Intel Software RAID
> JMicron JMB36X
> LSI Logic MegaRAID
> NVidia NForce
> Promise FastTrack
> Silicon Image Medley
> VIA Software RAID
>
> Please provide insight to support those metadata formats completely.
>
> Thanks.
>

> See files README, which comes with the source tarball for
> prerequisites to run this software, further instructions on installing
> and using dmraid!
>

> Call for testers:
> -----------------
>
> I need testers with the above ATARAID types, to check that the mapping
> created by this tool is correct (see options "-t -ay") and access to the
> ATARAID data is proper.
>
> In case you have a different ATARAID solution from those listed above,
> please feel free to contact me about supporting it in dmraid.
>
> You can activate your ATARAID sets without danger of overwriting
> your metadata, because dmraid accesses it read-only unless you use
> option -E together with -r in order to erase ATARAID metadata
> (see 'man dmraid')!
>
> This is a release candidate version so you want to have backups of your valuable
> data *and* you want to test accessing your data read-only first in order to
> make sure that the mapping is correct before you go for read-write access.
>

> Contacts:
> ---------
>
> The author is reachable at <Mauelshagen at RedHat.com>.
>
> For test results, mapping information, discussions, questions, patches,
> enhancement requests and the like, please subscribe and mail to
> <ataraid-list at redhat.com>.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --
>

> Changelog from dmraid 1.0.0.rc9 to 1.0.0.rc10		2006.02.17
>
> FIXES:
> ------
> o metadata.c: want_set() didn't drop sets properly
>               (eg, jmicron_raid10 wanted and jmicron_raid1 not dropped)
>
> o scsi.c: avoid retrieving too much data (Al Viro)
>
> o sil.h: magic number fix (some arrays were not recognized)
>
> FEATURES:
> ---------
> [...]

Heinz Mauelshagen                                 Red Hat GmbH
Consulting Development Engineer                   Am Sonnenhang 11
Cluster and Storage Development                   56242 Marienrachdorf
                                                  Germany
Mauelshagen at RedHat.com                            +49 2626 141200
                                                       FAX 924446