Part 2 of 2: Patch to add crc32 support to the ddf1 metadata handler

Darrick J. Wong djwong at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 25 14:09:41 UTC 2006

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:
> Thanks James,
>
> have factored this out into a seperate ddf1_crc.[ch] module.
>
> Works for Darrick's 'noname' metadata sample but fails on his sata_three_way
> one.
> Both Adaptec mode.
>
> Can you try if you're able to repoduce this, please ?

I think we resolved last week that it's possible that the sata_three_way
metadata is corrupt due to the controller/box being flaky.  James, do
you mind taking the 3 disks and the 2410SA controller and putting them
into another box, deleting whatever arrays are on there now, and
creating another multiple-array setup?  Unfortunately I don't know what
machine you could use... elm3a113 maybe?

--D