LVM + dmraid

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sat Jul 8 04:28:18 UTC 2006

Having followed https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FakeRaidHowto and
adapted it for LVM, I'm having some trouble booting the system.  The
following was hand-copied off the screen after booting into recovery
mode failed:

   8 logical volume(s) in volume group "main" now active
  Done.
  Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount
  Done.
  [  39.013123] kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
  [  39.013129] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
  Begin: Running /scripts/local-bottom ...
  Done.
  Done.
  Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom ...
  mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file or directory
  Done.
  mount: Mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
  mount: Mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
  Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init

  BusyBox v1.01 (Debian 1:1.01-4ubuntu3) Built-in shell (ash)

Can anyone offer some help at this point?  I have been searching for
answers for days, but I don't think I understand the boot process well
enough, and I haven't been able to find the right resources to learn
about it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams