ddf multiple-array support patch

Darrick J. Wong djwong at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 27 18:03:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

Apparently my 2410SA controller can be tricked into writing garbage
virtual drive configuration records for nonexistent arrays(!)  These
bogus config records can be detected by the lack of an entry for them in
the virtual drive list and be ignored by dmraid.

Trouble is, dmraid's ddf support doesn't ignore the bogus entries and
segfaults.  This patch teaches it how to do this, though it's based off
the tree before the ddf code was split up.  I can rebase it, though it's
nearly a one-liner.

Heinz: I couldn't get your 7/21 patch to apply to my rc11 tarball.
Would you mind sending me a snapshot of your latest tree?

--D