Installing new Linux

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Fri Jun 23 10:25:30 UTC 2006

Also, I've been messing about with Linux Software RAID, but LILO won't
boot my system (as root is /dev/md0).

I have done this, the trick is:

# Allow booting from raid1.
raid-extra-boot="/dev/sda,/dev/sdb"

# Also..
boot=/dev/md1
root=/dev/md2

Then when you run LILO:

# lilo
Added 2.6.17-2
Added 2.6.17-3
Added 2.6.17-4
Added 2.6.17-5
Added 2.6.17-6 *
The boot record of  /dev/md1  has been updated.
The boot record of  /dev/sda  has been updated.
The boot record of  /dev/sdb  has been updated.