dmraid boot for FC5...mkinitrd patch?

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 07:31:10 UTC 2006

Peter Jones wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 21:23 -0500, Dan wrote:
>
>> if this will be working in FC5 which I doubt, please
>> contradict me
>>

> I don't have any reason to believe it *won't* work; there were several
> bugs fixed after test 3, and I can't duplicate any failures with nvidia
> raid 0 devices currently.

All is working excellently with the final release of FC5. Just the one
thing, that it was trying to use my IDE non-RAID drives to boot from and
such when they were plugged in, though I only use them for backup; I
unplugged them, and the install went smoothly. Specifically, it added
one of my windows installs on an IDE drive as a bootloader entry, and
tried to install the bootloader on the MBR of that drive, both of which
used the correct places once that drive was disconnected. I don't know
what affects its priority there, but I was in a text install and
couldn't find a similar thing to changing the boot order, to get the
bootloader on the right disk.
-Dan