[PATCH] second attempt at DDF1 support for dmraid
Darrick J. Wong
djwong at us.ibm.com
Wed May 3 00:05:12 UTC 2006
Here's a second run of the DDF1 patch:
This patch applies against dmraid 1.0.0rc11-pre1 and includes the fixes
described below. Note that this patch supersedes last week's.
- The adapter data table offset should be multiplied by the block
size, else we get zero (or garbage) and we certainly don't get
what we want.
- A new flag, adaptec_mode, to identify when we should be looking
out for Adaptec controller quirks.
- (Sketchy) workarounds for strange quirks in Adaptec controllers.
- Working RAID5 support because dmraid 1.0.0rc11-pre1 lets us specify
the parity algorithm and loads the correct RAID5 device size in
the dm table.
- Linear concatenation arrays also work.
- #if 0 code removal.
Let me know what you think. Heinz, are you out there?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Ataraid-list