Support for ULi-ALI RAID.

Julian Mulet j.mulet at ono.com
Thu May 25 11:09:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a mother ASROCK combo-Z with chipset ULI 1689. I'm use a raid 0
stripe with windows XP and I need DMRAID to install linux in the same raid
array.

The ULi ATARAID type is not support now.

I read the thread of Alex Ryabtsev with the same problem.

Can I help to analyse the ULi metadata format spec?  My raid 0 has a stripe
size of 16K (the default of raid BIOS). I have a live distro CD of linux. My
sata controller is supported and can use any linux or windows tool to
analyse the raid structure. If needed, I can format the raid to simplify the
analysis.

My controller is M5289. The linux controller is the same for ALi
m5281/m5283/m5287/m5289 (raid metadata compatible?)

Sorry for my English.

Thanks.

Julian