Incorrect length on via raid

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Mon Oct 16 00:59:48 UTC 2006

I have a via raid0 and with newer kernels dmraid fails to set up the
table because the device mapper refuses to accept stripe tables that
have a length that is not an even multiple of the stripe width.  I
believe that all versions of dmraid up to and including rc12-pre1
incorrectly set the length on my system, but the on disk metadata
appears to contain the proper length.

dmraid -n output shows:

0x006 array.capacity_low: 72303744

But dmsetup table shows:

via_hfciifae: 0 144607678 striped 2 128 8:0 0 8:16 0

The total length should be 144607488 sectors, not 144607678.