[RE]Initrd boot phase errors reading bogus partition on ATA raiddrive

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Mon Oct 30 19:51:07 UTC 2006

Short of patching the kernel there isn't anything that can be done at
this point.  I just ignore the messages.  There was a patch proposed a
few months ago on lkml to have the kernel ignore partitions beyond the
end of the device, but it looks like it got merged to only WARN about
them since there was some concern about the kernel possibly being wrong
about the device size.  I am attempting to restart conversation on that
thread now to see what can be done.