Install grub on nvdia dmraid10 ?

Thomas Backlund tmb at mandriva.org
Mon Sep 4 13:31:06 UTC 2006

Hi,
has anyone successfully installed grub on a nvidia dmraid10 ?

I have a setup of 4 160GB disks configured through bios to do raid10,
made the partitions under WinXP with Partition Magic and I can access
the /dev/mapper/nvidia_* partitions just fine from a livecd as they are
correctly identified with dmraid -ay...

But every time I try to install grub on the root partition, it bombs out
claiming "no such device"

I use the same grub config as is working on a server wich runs nvidia
dmraid1, (with the /dev/mapper/nvidia_* changed to point to the actual
device ofcourse)

Any suggestions?

kernel is 2.6.17.11 series, dmraid is 1.0.0-0.rc11, device-mapper is
1.02.09, and grub is 0.97

--
Thomas