dmraid - fails to map the secondary and third raid array

Liviu Balan lbalan791 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 18:08:53 UTC 2007

Hello,

There seem to be a bug with all released versions of dmraid. If only one raid array is present the /dev/mapper will contain the correct information about the raid drive. However if more than one raid is present dmraid will show partitions only for the first found raid array. As an example on the testing system there are 3 raid 0 arrays. When starting dmraid under /dev/mapper I can see the 3 raid arrays but the partitions appear only for the first found raid. If I physically remove that array after reboot I can see the second raid partitions. I can provide further system specification if needed.

Thank you,
Liviu Balan

Systems Engineering

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca