Promise FastTrak66 - dmraid doesn't recognize striped array on pair of Maxtor 51536U3

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Thu Apr 19 18:07:28 UTC 2007

--- Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelshagen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> can you try adding the offsets 675 and 991 to lib/format/ataraid/pdc.h
> (line reads "#define PDC_CONFIGOFFSETS 63,255,256,16,399,675,735,991" then),
> build and retry if that works for your Maxtor set?

Hello Heinz,

I guess you missed the bit that it was me that added 675.  No matter.
Yes, I did add it and it did fix the problem.  Furthermore, someone on
LinuxQuestions pointed out that the proper thing to do, so that debian
sees my change, was to download the debian source package for dmraid
and make the changes to that.  Did, done, and it works great!

thanks,

Bob