[dm-devel] Re: LVM on dmraid breakage

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 20:15:57 UTC 2007

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> Upstream lvm2 has done for a long time (since 2.02.00 with quite a few
> fixes and tweaks after that, and one known problem still outstanding).
> I can't speak for any customisation done in ubuntu or on the machine
> with the problem - hence my request for full version and configuration
> information.

It scans everything in /dev and all subdirectories?  Wow that would be
colossally slow and prone to hang.  Imagine trying to access a nd device
whose server is down.

In any case, if it did scan the dmraid device, it would just complain
about finding duplicates; it has no way of knowing which one it should
use.

Also it looks like feisty used 2.2.06 and the config files shipped in
the package can be found here:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/admin/lvm2