Re: How to do a recovery of a degraded RAID1

Adam Cécile wrote:
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue on a SunXfire2200 (nvraid).
BIOS seems to only change metadatasbut nothing happens then, even after keeping the computer into the BIOS for two days. Is there anyway to copy the drive with DD (from a LiveCD) and then change the metadata again to tell the controller the drives are synced ?

Once the system is up and running, the kernel should copy the primary drive's contents to the secondary one's over time. Eventually they will actually be in sync and used normally, but currently there is no process to update the metadata on disk. I would say break out a hex editor and modify the metadata to indicate that the array is in a clean state.